25 August 2008
21 August 2008
Angelou Guingon: 'Through stylized use of perspective, color, form, pattern, repetition, light and shadow, icons from personal experiences and fragments of imagination emerge in a pseudo-realistic environment. I am interested in intuitively arranging pictorial/mental images of people, animals, transportation, and other everyday objects. These paintings are about formulating, scribbling and preserving stories where anything we can visualize is able to be included in an open-ended script that welcomes the unexpected.'
18 August 2008
08 August 2008
Freedom for Lazy People! @ ICR NY
While gentrification in New York and the politics of cleansing tend to erase legendary traces of graffiti that inspired artists all over the world, street art flourishes in Eastern European cities. Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj, Arad are just some of the places where you can find works by Nuclear Fairy (Linda Barkasz), IRLO (Laurentiu Alexandrescu), and Omar (Marwan Anbaki). Their art, combining lowbrow esthetics, figurative graffiti and an unusual approach to text, gives life to grim walls and starts a dialogue with the medium, be it a phone booth, a billboard or a cardboard box. The artists, all in their early 20s, work both individually and collectively as Zacuska Senzual.
- Cristi Neagoe and ICR NY are Doing a Great Job (EN) from Undefined
- ICRNY - Freedom for Lazy People (RO) from Feeder
- Zvastica si sex la NY si peste tot in lume; balbaiala, incultura si prostie doar la antena3 (RO) from Durox
- Freedom for lazy people, oprobriul public (RO) from Carturesti
- Poneiul de 10cm şi lanţul prostiei Badea-Vacaroiu (RO) from Costi Rogozanu
- Cristi Neagoe trece prin momente penibile (RO) from Zoso's blog
- Monumentul Mitocanului Român la New York (RO) from Traian Ungureanu
- Stiu ce-au facut copiii la New York vara asta (RO) from Miron Ghiu
- Despre arta, New York, Romania si multa prostie (RO) from Dtailed
- Cristi Neagoe, drept la replică from Zoso's blog
- Street Art la ICR (si o faza extrem de nashpa) (RO) from Gramo`s World
- Conferinta de presa organizata de ICR in cinstea poneiului fascist (RO) from Miron Ghiu
04 August 2008
Yoann Lemoine - mainly working as a film director in media such as video, 8 to 35mm film, 2D and 3D animation, Stop Motion, photography, illustration, painting, screen printing, sculpture, collage, knitting, holograms, and constantly looking for avenues of expression that combine those different mediums. Latest project: Yelle's video for 'Ce jeu'.